Malaysia is one of those countries that many have heard about but don’t know much about. The truth of the matter is that Malaysia is one of the most fascinatingly diverse countries in the world, and also has an extremely rich history.
Human activity has been recorded in the country as far back as 40000 years ago after traders from neighbouring countries decided to settle somewhere new.
Over thousands of years, the country grew and prospered, and while it was attacked by other civilisations throughout history, such as Portugal, the Dutch, and the British, it has remained true to itself.
Malaysia also has a thriving gambling industry, and although there is only one official casino in the country, it is also one of the most magnificent.
The online industry has also been growing in popularity over the years, and many of the residents have turned to the online world for their games.
This has led to exponential growth in the industry in recent years, making it one of the better countries for those that have an interest in casinos.
The Most Popular Games in Malaysia
Many of the games in the country are exactly what you would find in any United States or British casino, as the locals have taken a great liking to a lot of the games that the western world offers. These are some of the games that have become the most popular in recent years:
- Baccarat: Baccarat is enjoyed around most of Asia, especially in Malaysia. Baccarat has been part of various Asian cultures for centuries, so it makes sense that it would be among the most popular games that they enjoy.
- Poker: Card games tend to be much more beloved in the East than in the West, and poker is one such game that has seen a lot of love lately. Most online casinos that cater to Malaysian players offer poker in the roster of games.
- Slots: Slots are popular around the world. No matter which type of casino you decide to visit, without a doubt you will be able to find slots. All manner of slots are available in Malaysia, including 3D slots, real money slots, and many more.
- Roulette: Roulette is a universal pastime, and while relatively newer to the East, has gained a huge following among players in recent years.
- Sic Bo: Sic Bo can find its origins in ancient China, and has spread throughout the rest of the world fairly quickly since the dawn of modern casinos. Sic Bo is extremely popular in countries like Malaysia, and has always been a part of the culture for many communities.
Malaysian Gambling Laws
One of the main reasons that gambling has gained such a strong foothold in the East is because, for many countries, gambling is completely legal. This is the case in Malaysia, and the government does not enforce any gambling restrictions on its citizens. This applies both to physical casinos and their online counterparts.
There are few other countries in the world that offer the same casino experience that Malaysia has available to both its citizens and tourists, making it the perfect destination for the casino game enthusiast.